Long-Term Care or Retirement
What is my best option?
If you or a loved one is looking for senior care options, it can be difficult to navigate between all of your options. To make the decision that is best for you, it is important to understand the difference between long-term care homes and retirement communities.
We can help.
What is the difference between a long-term care home and a retirement community?
Long-term care might be right for you (or a loved one) if:
- It has been recommended by a doctor
- You need help with daily activities (dressing, bathing, etc.)
- You have difficulty directing your own care (dementia, etc.)
A retirement community might be right for you (or a loved one) if:
- You can live without much assistance
- You do not need help (or need minimal help) for daily activities
- You have little difficulty directing your own care